Monday 12 March 2018

Dr. JaVar Myatt-Jones: Passion for Medicine


Dr. JaVar Myatt-Jones is an Alabama family physician whose passion for medicine has guided his career. He has an excellent reputation among patients and colleagues alike, and his longstanding love for his field continues to evolve with each passing year. The following excerpt is taken from a statement made by Dr. JaVar Myatt-Jones about his progression as a medical professional:

“During my second year of course work I discovered the true meaning of what a doctor is. I learned from an excellent physician that a doctor is a teacher, an adviser and a scholar,” wrote Dr. JaVar Myatt-Jones. “In my third year of medical school, I realized internal medicine is a field that expands my investigative drive for more answers. . . Following my third year of medical school, I decided to take a leave of absence pursuing a patient oriented, clinical research fellowship. . .  When I decided to accept the fellowship award from the Doris Duke Foundation, I was convinced that participating in a year of intense clinical research would be most beneficial. This opportunity not only addressed my many questions of interest, but also addressed exactly what type of physician I ultimately wanted to be.”

For those who’d like to learn more about Dr. JaVar Myatt-Jones’s medical practice at Shoals Primary Care, visit his profile at https://www.healthgrades.com/physician/dr-javar-myatt-jones-3ts36